Sustainable land management
The Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 and Local Land Services Amendment Act 2016 take advantage of the best available science and data to ensure a balanced approach to rural land management and biodiversity conservation in NSW.
- new arrangements that allow land owners to improve productivity while responding to environmental risks
- new ways to assess and manage the biodiversity impacts of development
- a new State Environmental Planning Policy for impacts on native vegetation in urban areas
- significant investment in conserving high-value vegetation on private land
- a risk-based system for regulating human and business interactions with native plants and animals
- streamlined approvals and dedicated resources to help reduce the regulatory burden.
Find out more about the new framework for land management
Contact us now for advice and support in applying the new land management framework.