The Local Board is ministerially appointed and locally elected.
Local Boards are accountable for
- preparing a local strategic plan for delivery of local land services in the region
- monitoring the performance of Local Land Services in the region
- making recommendations to the Board in relation to the making of rates, levies and contributions on rateable and other land in the region
- communicating, consulting and engaging with the community in developing plans and in delivery of programs and services by Local Land Services in the region
- developing a strategy for engagement of the Aboriginal community in the region for provision of local land services
- providing advice to the Minister.