Riverina Advisory Groups
Riverina Community Advisory Groups are established to represent the community views and provide advice to the Riverina Local Land Services Board.
These groups provide the opportunity for Riverina Local Land Services to gain valuable and practical input from members of our community, across a broad range of issues associated with the services provided by Riverina Local Land Services.
Purpose of the Riverina Community Advisory Groups
- Provide input into the development of local strategic plans;
- Seek input from the group during project planning and development phases;
- Seek input from the group on the range of services to be provided;
- Provide a forum for focussed and sustained discussion;
- Provide a conduit between the Board of Riverina Local Land Services and the community on the issues that need to be addressed by Riverina Local Land Services; and
- Seek input about the issues important to the community.
Nominations are open for the four community advisory groups representing the relevant Riverina sub districts:
- Upper district (Hilltops, Gundagai, Snowy Valleys local government areas within the Riverina Local Land Services region)
- Mid district (Junee, Temora, Bland, Coolamon, Wagga Wagga, Narrandera, Lockhart local government areas)
- Lower district (Hay, Carrathool, Griffith, Murrumbidgee, Leeton local government areas within the Riverina Local Land Services region)
- Aboriginal community advisory group
The groups will consist of up to seven community members per group.
Advisory Groups will meet on a regular basis, in facilitated sessions designed to gather in‑depth feedback on initiatives and issues proposed by Riverina Local Land Services. The purpose of the groups is to provide advice on region specific priorities, levels and types of service and community consultation.